Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin

IREX PEC

• Locky27
  • Topic Author

Locky27 created the topic: IREX PEC

Hi all,

Going to fly the Amberley ILS this week and I've been studying up on PEC for the Duchess. In the example used in the textbook for Perth ILS Rwy 21 and using the graph on page 5.60 it says that PEC is minus -6 feet and the normal DA is 250'. Is the new DA supposed to be 244' or 254' as stated, is this a typo? A bit confused.

Kind regards,

Locky

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: IREX PEC

No, that wasn't a typo. The DA for RWY 21 at Perth was 260 feet as indicated in the figure above the text on page 61. It has since been changed to 250 feet. I have now inserted an updated graphic and changed the text to reflect the new DA. Thanks for the feed-back.

Bob

• Locky27
  • Topic Author

Locky27 replied the topic: IREX PEC

Oh ok was getting confused. Thanks Bob!

Just another question as well.

I've been reading terminal and a few forums about the Missed Approach Procedures. Im confused between when to intercept track and when to fly a heading that makes good the prescribed track. I understand the Jepps state that you must intercept track when the words "intercept" are used but confused about when the procedure says TRACK. E.g. Sunshine Coast VOR-A says "turn left TRACK 090. climb to 3000'. Now for this missed approach procedure would you fly a heading that will make good a track of 090 (i.e. account for wind) or just fly 090 on your heading bug? And would you just use the GPS to make sure you are tracking the correct track as you would not be on a radial directly from the aid?

Kind regards,

Locky

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: IREX PEC

Locky

If the missed approach procedure says 'track' 090 then you should take up a heading that will produce a track of 090 [GPS would help]. If the missed approach point is the aid, it is likely that you will have overshot the aid. When that happens, you should take up a heading that will produce the required track. There is no need to intercept that track as a radial from the aid. If the missed approach instruction is to 'intercept' the 090 track, then you should turn to intercept the 090 track from the aid.

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds