Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin

PPL Exam prep

• daveh
  • Topic Author

daveh created the topic: PPL Exam prep

Just got a couple of questions regarding the exam prep modules.

Firstly, on the timed exam I had a question regarding loading system bravo.

Refer VFR (Day) Booklet Loading System BRAVO page 12/13.

With all occupants loaded and full fuel the aircraft weighs 2125 lbs with a 'Moment/1 000 inch lbs' of 194.

The maximum baggage compartment load permitted, in kilos, is closest to -

If you add the baggage directly onto this weight you get the 'correct answer', however if you use this answer in the zero fuel weight it actually is outside the envelope and thus not balanced. Just wondering wether I've done something wrong here but I'm fairly sure of this.

Also, in the 2nd untimed exam q15 regarding loading system charlie, you can get the answer correct if you answered 114kg of baggage, however when you cross check it it actually turns out .48 passed the aft limit. I understand this is such a small margin but I wanted to check if something like this came up in the exam wether a small margin like this would be invovled. If it is wouldn't the answer technically be incorrect?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: PPL Exam prep

Hi Dave!

Great find there mate. Well done. With the first question, indeed the ZFW is out with the 18kg loaded in the baggage compartment. The question will need to be reworked (or perhaps use the cop-out statement "Ignoring ZFW considerations..." :evil: ) but good on you for picking that up. Thanks very much.

As for the second question, yes, the ZFW is 0.42 out but since the question asks the weight to add " is closest to -" we can ignore it since no other answer option is going to be closer to the absolutely correct answer (which is about 113.82 kg). Fractions of mm can be safely rounded.

Cheers,

Rich

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: PPL Exam prep

All fixed. To keep the answer the same I rephrased the question stem and it now uses the aircraft's gross weight without reference to fuel load. This is the kind of information you'd get in a typical PPL level CASA exam question anyway.

Cheers,

Rich

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds