Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the enquiries forum. this is the place to ask questions relating to our books, our courses or the school. If you have a more specific problem relating to aviation theory, check out the Question and Answer forums. That's the best place to post your technical questions.

Revision Questions IREX

• Steven Young
  • Topic Author

Steven Young created the topic: Revision Questions IREX

I have attached screen shots of 2 questions from IREX practice exams, both appear to be outdated i.e the reference for landing minima I cannot find in MOS 91 ( full copy ). And the DAP for Derby appears to be outdated... Happy to be corrected so I know where I went wrong

Steve
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Revision Questions IREX

The question says you are flying the GPS ARRIVAL procedure. According to the current DAP, the MDA for a GNSS ARRIVAL at Derby is 750ft. The box is shaded so you can subtract 100ft if you have the actual QNH. That makes the answer 650ft. Note that GPS and RNAV/GNSS are the same thing. I'll change the question text to say GNSS ARRIVAL instead of GPS ARRIVAL to remove any confusion.

Bob
Attachments:

• Steven Young
  • Topic Author

Steven Young replied the topic: Revision Questions IREX

Thanks Bob,
I see that now - I actually missed that Procedure page altogether!! - so non descript in comparison to the NDB approach on the next page with circling 660. Do you know why they would be different since they are both using the NDB as the reference point? Also do you have an update for me on Q33 ( the second attached image

Steve

• Thank you received: 237

Stuart Tait replied the topic: Revision Questions IREX

I've amended that question with the correct reference and added the relevant section of the plate.

Attachments:

• Steven Young
  • Topic Author

Steven Young replied the topic: Revision Questions IREX

Thankyou a simple case of RTFQ...I really like this one as a revision question.

Steve

Time to create page: 0.242 seconds