Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL HPL question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Passed CHUF - Just!!

• mauna3
  • Topic Author

mauna3 created the topic: Passed CHUF - Just!!

Well, that was traumatic! Just had my CHUF exam and squeaked through with 73%!

I found this a lot more difficult than the Air Law exam. My main problem was the TEM stuff, i had around 9 TEM questions and got 6 wrong! Not too sure how it went so wrong? When i review my KDR during the ground portion of the flight test, will the examiner have the actual questions that i got incorrect?? That will be interesting to review

There were a couple of very annoying questions that gave answers that could both be correct. One was about items stored in short term memory, 2 of the options both had 7 items as part of the answer. Its annoying because the text just quotes approx 7. Not sure which option i chose, but it was wrong!!

All i can suggest is memorise the course notes and hopefully you will get through. I had spent a lot of time on this, cos i knew i was going to hate it, i pretty much know the BT material by heart and i only JUST got through.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Stuart Tait

Stuart Tait replied the topic: Passed CHUF - Just!!

Glad you made it through, the TEM questions seem to trip up everyone

• harrykay

harrykay replied the topic: Passed CHUF - Just!!

Don't feel bad .. you passed..and TEM has turned this exam into a very different beast.

I wrote a detailed thread re my HUF exam last month and did mention this subject can be harder than people might expect. From memory I think I got 11 or 12 TEM questions lol

• baddles

baddles replied the topic: Passed CHUF - Just!!

Bob's book, Part 8, page 77 states that the number of items that can be held in short term memory is "about 7". However there is a link on that page to this website where it is stated that "Miller's magic number" is 7 plus or minus 2.

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds