Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL HPL question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Question about G+P- type

• baddles
  • Topic Author

baddles created the topic: Question about G+P- type

Hi everyone

I'm puzzled by the answer for Question 26 on page 87 of the Human Performance book.

The question is about a person who is goal-oriented, but not people-oriented (G+P-). The question asks whether this person will relate to others in a way that appears (a) friendly, (b) aggressive, or (c) cool.

I chose (c) cool, but the correct answer is given as (b) aggressive.

Can anyone explain why such a person would be predicted to (appear to) be aggressive?

The Bob Tait book says that such people will be "focused on the efficient conduct of the flight, ignoring the feelings, attitudes and thoughts of others." The book by Roger Green et al (Human Factors for Pilots) says that such people "create a cool atmosphere" and are seen as "too autocratic".

I would have chosen "autocratic", "aloof", "indifferent", "callous", "arrogant" or even "contemptuous" if they had been options in the question, but I can't see how to get to "aggressive".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• baddles
  • Topic Author

baddles replied the topic: Question about G+P- type

Uh, sorry, I figured out the explanation.

One of the dictionary meanings of "aggressive" is
"determined to succeed, and using forceful action to succeed".

This fits the G+P- pattern very well, much better than the other options. I agree the answer should be (b).

My problem was my misinterpretation of 'aggression' as always involving violence or the threat of violence.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds