Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL HPL question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Passed CHUF

• baddles
  • Topic Author

baddles created the topic: Passed CHUF

Hi all, I've just passed CHUF with 98%. Woo-hoo!

Here are a few comments about studying for this exam.
  • This is probably the most deceptive of the CPL topics, because it all looks like pretty reasonable, general-knowledge material and it's easy to become complacent. The devil is in the detail --- the exact terminology required, the exact numbers that CASA want you to recall, and tiny little facts that you could easily skip over.
  • Bob's study guide is the best way to study this material, by a long way.
  • The best strategy is to stick with Bob's study guide and to try to squeeze maximum value out of it:
    • don't skip over the material. Every last line in the study guide is there because it could be an exam question.
    • don't breeze through the practice tests. After you finish the test, look at each question you got wrong, and try to understand why. Look for patterns of mistakes, and fix them.
    • Pay careful attention to the exact terminology used. Memorise it. CASA will try to trip you up.
    • Don't let it go in one ear and out the other. Put in some time on drills or revision, for example, make flash cards.
  • After you've done one or two of the practice exams, go over the ones you got wrong. Use TEM - identify the threats (like two words that are very similar) and develop countermeasures.
  • A week before your exam, visit the CASA website, search "Australia wide pass rates", and look up Human Factors. This will give you a CASA summary of the most common questions that people got wrong. Revise those topics carefully. Worked for me!!

My 'top tip': you'll study much better if you enjoy it. So, find something about each study topic that you like: its relevance to flying, relevance to everyday life, or just the fun of knowing new facts.

This was my last CPL exam so I will say farewell for now.
Good luck everyone!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Stuart Tait

Stuart Tait replied the topic: Passed CHUF

Congratulations Adrian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds