Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Meteorology question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

Answer queries

• Dobbo
  • Topic Author

Dobbo created the topic: Answer queries

G'day Bob,

Sorry to be a nuisance but I have a query or two on the Operational Meteorology answers I fumbled through this afternoon.

Q19. Difference b/w an Airmet and a Sigmet? The answer in the notes is B. Relates to aircraft operating at or below FL200. The AIP 3.5 para 5.3.2 mentions aircraft operating at or below 10,000 ft.

Q23. The answer in the notes is A. I am unable to find an explanation in the AIP with the references given. AIP para 12.1 (c) Is this a typo? Similar to the ENR reference ENR 1.1 para 58.1.3? I found that explanation in ENR 1.1 para 8.8.1.3

Thanks once again.

Dobbo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Answer queries

Gidday Dobbo,
You're never going to be a nuisance mate.

Question 19. This has been changed since March. It used to be 20,000 feet but it is now at or below 10,000 feet. It has been changed in the latest print of the book.

Question 23. Once again the latest version of the AIP gives completely different references for many topics. We got no warning from Airservices about that. The reference is now indeed 8.8.1.3. You will find a download under 'Met Errata' on our web page the summarizes all of the changes to AIP references. They have all been changed in the latest print of the book.

Bob

• Dobbo
  • Topic Author

Dobbo replied the topic: Answer queries

Thanks Bob,
My concern is that I just received all the study literature from AFT for CPLH not more than a month ago and was of the opinion that it was all current?, Has there been upgrades since?

Peter.

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Answer queries

Unfortunately it was current up to the middle of March. These changes have caused everybody a lot of drama. If you would like to contact Lee at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. she will set you up with free access to our Met e-text for a month. That will allow you to check the new references. Also we do have a download on the Met Errata on our web page. That download lists all of the references that have changed and gives each 'old' reference along with the associated 'new' reference. That download is also free of charge.

Bob
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dobbo

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds