Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Performance question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

performance struggles

• danparker86
  • Topic Author

danparker86 created the topic: performance struggles

Hi all,
Just a question im struggling to comprehend.

In the final test of the performance book there is a question that asks how many 20kg packets can be put in the rear compartmentwhile maintaining in balance at zfw. now i may be missing an obvious clue but the answer says the the weight has been shifted? But ny working was to add. how on earth would i tell the difference when the question does not specify? Im stumped gents any help would be most appreciated!

Cheers

-Dan parker

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 258

bobtait replied the topic: Re: performance struggles

Dan

The only question that talks about 20kg packets in the final test that I can find is Question No 30 on page 8.14. When I check the answers on page 8.27 I find that it is worked as a weight to add problem as the question implies. So I can't find a problem with it.

Is that the question you are referring to or is there another one somewhere else?

• danparker86
  • Topic Author

danparker86 replied the topic: Re: performance struggles

Hi

yes thats the question im refering to. in your worked answer it says "shift" and the only way to obtain the correct answer is to use the shift method of dividing the 70 by the difference in arms if im not mistaken.

i could be way off here you are the master ofcourse i am just trying to get an understanding of where i went wrong.

Thanks alot!

-Dan Parker

• Thank you received: 258

bobtait replied the topic: Re: performance struggles

I think I can see your problem now. Here is the worked answer as it appears in the current issue of the book. The word 'shift' that appears in the flow chart refers to the shift that must be made in the Centre of Gravity [70mm]. The calculation is for weight to add. You multiply present weight by required shift in centre of gravity and divide by the difference between the compartment you intend to work on and the required centre of gravity. Thats

2410 x 70 ÷ 2320 = 73.

Your questions are most welcome. Fun isn't it?
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.198 seconds