Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Performance question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

CPL Performance Revision Check

• Thank you received: 1

Ash2000 created the topic: CPL Performance Revision Check

Hi,

I purchased the CPL Performance book back in 2017 (Book issued in March 2017) but unfortunately did not get around to doing the exam then due to unforeseen circumstances. I am now in a position to get the exam done and it has been booked in so I can focus on the study. Before I get started and get too far into it, I wanted to confirm the below:

(a) I understand there have been some changes and updates to the book since 2017 and I have reviewed the errata in detail and made amendments within the book and printed all the PDFs of replacement pages you have available on that page. I have also printed off the latest CPL Performance Supplement.

My questions are as follows:

1. Is it safe to assume that your errata webpage covers all the changes that have been included in the subsequent revisions from March 2017?
i.e., by performing the actions in para (a) above, do I effectively have the latest revision of the book?
Or am I still missing major bits and pieces that will catch me during the exam?

2. As an extension to (1): Are there multiple changes to example, practice questions, and answers in later revisions that are not covered by the published errata? I'm a bit afraid that I'll end up learning outdated methodologies and flunking the exam even though I followed the procedures/methods per the book.

A minor note from me regarding the errata webpage: the page numbers don't necessarily correspond for those of us who have older revisions (in some instances the pages may not exist yet in that older revision). I had to manually look cross check the page contents to make sure I was amending the correct page.
Thanks for your time and efforts into the books and errata! I know the changes can be a pain to keep track of and maintain.

Kind regards,
Ash

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 239

Stuart Tait replied the topic: CPL Performance Revision Check

Get a new book the errata doesn't go back that far and it'll become confusing with page numbers. Download the supplement

www.bobtait.com.au/images/Files/SUPPLEMENT%202023.pdf also AC-92 www.casa.gov.au/sites/default/files/2021...e-off-and-land_0.pdf

and the workbook www.bobtait.com.au/images/Files/rpl-ppl-...roplane-workbook.pdf

That get you on the right track.

Cheers

Ash2000 replied the topic: CPL Performance Revision Check

Ok thanks Stuart, will do.

Kind regards,
Ash

Hi Stuart,

I purchased a fresh new copy today that states 'Last Revised December 2nd 2021' and many of the page numbers and errata references still don't match up and I have to flick through multiple pages trying to find the errors. I'm starting to wonder if I'll end up spending more time checking that the information is up to date than actually studying...

I did however notice that the most recent error from June 2023 (see below) has been corrected in my new copy. The conclusion I came to is that: although it is a Dec 2021 revision, the copy must be printed post-June 2023 and incorporates all the errata and replaced pages (i.e., I don't need to make any further changes or review the errata webpage).
I can only guess that is because the latest prints come off a live digital master file which is updated regularly. Are you able to please confirm if this is the case?

Page 39 Exercise 3.1. Question 2 There is a typo in the answer choices. (c) should be 1080, not 1180. The correct answer is (c) 1080.

I also noticed that Topic 7 "Airworthiness and Equipment" has been removed so I presume it is no longer examinable.

• Thank you received: 239

Stuart Tait replied the topic: CPL Performance Revision Check

G'day Ash

Yes it's the case we constantly update the books everything comes off the digital master. we only change the revision when it's a major change.

I'll get on that typo

Cheers

Okay great thanks for confirming that. Regarding the typo, it has already been addressed on your errata page (i.e., it's not a new error). I extracted it here so you knew which error I was referring to in the post.

That being said the multiple page number references on the errata page need to be updated to reflect the latest print copy. I would suggest maybe adding in some other descriptive way of finding the errors (as opposed to just page numbers which are constantly subject to change).

Thanks again!

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds