Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin
× Welcome to the CPL Performance question and answer forum. Please feel free to post your questions but more importantly also suggest answers for your forum colleagues. Bob himself or one of the other tutors will get to your question as soon as we can.

PNR Question HELP

• Thank you received: 0

lcanning created the topic: PNR Question HELP

Hey Team, Hope you are well. Im justing wondering with question in figuring out the Total Safe Endurance where the 50 litres came from.

All i can see that would go there is the holding fuel required which would be 60minutes at 30L PerHour which is 30. I dont know where the 50 has come from ???

Thanks Guys
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1

Ash2000 replied the topic: PNR Question HELP

Hi,

If they did not specify the holding fuel consumption rate, then a 50 litre value appearing within the Trip Fuel calculation would make sense since the holding fuel would have to be calculated at the provided cruise consumption rate. This is the only source I can find for a value of 50 to originate from.

However, they did specify a holding consumption rate of 30 l/hr (as you rightly pointed out) within the question, so I agree that the 60 min holding fuel required at A should be 30 litres. I suspect it is an error in the working that did not account for the fact that the holding fuel consumption rate was given.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lcanning

• Thank you received: 0

lcanning replied the topic: PNR Question HELP

Thanks for your help. I just cant seem to find anything

• Thank you received: 1

Ash2000 replied the topic: PNR Question HELP

No worries. If it helps at all, I just did the problem now and got 187.6nm, which is very close to your answer (the minor difference is likely due to any rounding errors or human error in obtaining the headwind component from the flight computer. I got a headwind component of 28 kts).

I wouldn't stress too much over it (at least till Stuart/Bob confirms) :)

• Thank you received: 239

Stuart Tait replied the topic: PNR Question HELP

Your correct, I must have just typed in the consumption rate and didn't realise, I have amended the question as you can see.

My apologies for the confusion

Cheers
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.263 seconds