Header1200x385

facebook_page_plugin

Well I Finally Did It

• brentonrule
  • Topic Author

brentonrule created the topic: Well I Finally Did It

Have been very busy with private stuff so haven't been on the forum for a while, but a quick update to let you all know that after months of false starts and bad weather I did my final CPL test flight this week and passed.

This has been a monumental undertaking that only those of us who have done it can fully understand.

To be able to say "I am a Commercial Pilot" has been a lifetime ambition for me and I never really thought that it would happen.

When I retired from the corporate world and began this journey as a country based person with a few hundred hours on my PPL, I thought that it would be relatively straight forward to just 'transition' to CPL. Little did I know!!!

Without the help and encouragement of Bob, Richard and the many people on this forum, I simply could not have done the study and passed the exams.

Without the absolute professionalism of the team at MELBOURNE FLIGHT TRAINING at Moorabbin I could not have passed the flying test.

This has been one of the toughest, but most rewarding things I have ever done.

As my ATO said to me as he signed me out - Having a CPL is a privilege and you have it for life; we do not just give these things away, you have to earn it.

To those who may read this and wonder if it is all worth while. The answer is ABSOLUTLEY.

Some photos of the C182S - Tullamarine, Melb City, Albert Park Lake (GP Track)
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Richard

Richard replied the topic: Re: Well I Finally Did It

Congratulations Brenton - well done. I am sitting in the transit lounge in Singapore en-route back to Germany and your post has given me a real buzz. Simply awesome mate, simply awesome!! Enjoy that satisfied feeling - you have earnt it.

Cheers,

Rich

• Thank you received: 257

bobtait replied the topic: Re: Well I Finally Did It

Congratulations Brenton. You certainly have earned it!! It has been a pleasure working with you - all the very best in your future flying mate. Please keep in touch.

Bob

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds